Injured By A Dangerous Or Defective Product?
If you were burned by a home appliance, injured in an accident while driving a car with defective brakes or seatbelts, or fell when a ladder collapsed, you may have a product liability claim. Finding a qualified attorney is important.
Attorney Kenechi Agu, the founder of KRA Legal, PC, was trained as an engineer and was a corporate employee. Now, he is one of the attorneys who make up this law firm, applying detail-oriented methods to all case investigations.
What Factors Need To Be Present For A Product Liability Case In California?
Fundamental aspects of product liability cases focus specifically on the creation or distribution of dangerous and defective products. In a nutshell, these factors make up a viable product liability case:
- The defendant designed, manufactured, distributed or marketed (advertised and/or sold) a product.
- The product was defective when the defendant released it into the marketplace.
- The plaintiff used the product in a reasonably predictable way.
- The plaintiff was injured or otherwise harmed as a result.
According to California law, strict liability applies to product liability cases. That is, it is not necessary to prove that a manufacturer or distributor was negligent. Rather, their actions regarding the product in question are what matter.
Common Types Of Product Liability
Generally, product liability may have to do with one of these areas of culpability regarding a product:
- Marketing and selling with inadequate warnings
For each of these types, potentially liable parties are variable depending on the situation. For example, the responsible party or parties for a design defect might include more than one manufacturer of parts. Marketing defects can be the responsibility of wholesale or retail venders.
Examples Of Product Liability Cases
Product liability cases have included the following:
- Bicycles, cars and construction equipment that have caused accidents and injuries due to design defects
- Tires disintegrating because of poor quality control during the manufacturing process
- Toys that have caused injuries when they were sold without warnings regarding the appropriate age for users
Your product liability attorney will help determine potential defendants in an injury claim or lawsuit after you were injured by a dangerous or defective product.
Turn To A Product Liability Attorney For A Free Consultation
If we represent you in a product liability case, we will likely do so on a contingency basis. That is, you will not owe attorney fees until you receive compensation through a verdict or settlement.