Experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys Serving The Los Angeles Area And Beyond
From our law offices in Torrance, KRA Legal, PC, provides services to people with head injuries throughout the region. We are detail-oriented, caring and hard-working personal injury lawyers who understand the importance of strong attorney-client working relationships.
What our personalized approach means to you is that we will get to know you and your family well over the course of your injury claim. Naturally, we will evaluate police reports and doctors’ reports, but we will also rely heavily on your reported losses and limitations related to your traumatic brain injury (TBI) or another type of catastrophic injury.
How Did Your TBI Occur?
Understanding the facts behind your accident will enable us to prepare a compelling case to present in settlement negotiations or in court. Many of our clients have suffered TBIs through accidents including the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents (car, truck, motorcycle and golf cart crashes)
- On-the-job injuries in warehouses, at construction sites and in other workplaces
- Falls on slippery surfaces or on pathways cluttered with debris left carelessly by other people
- Bicycle, pedestrian and electric scooter accidents
- Train, plane and boat accidents
No matter how you were injured, you may face a difficult recovery long after the surface of your head no longer shows signs of injury. To ensure that your case is well-supported and documented, we will bring in professionals such as a neuropsychologist to supply input to bolster your case.
Symptoms Of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Depending on the severity of your brain injury, you may experience one or more of these symptoms immediately or over time:
- Unconsciousness at the time of the injury
- Severe headache
- Bleeding, bruising or swelling near the surface of the skull or deeper within the brain
- Double vision and/or poor coordination
- Mood swings and/or poor concentration
We strongly urge you to keep a daily journal of your symptoms after a brain injury, as they may change with the passage of time, giving important information for your medical providers as well as your personal injury attorney.
Types And Examples Of TBIs
Head injuries cover a range of conditions, including the following:
- Diffuse axonal injury resulting in a coma
- Closed head injuries
- Open head injuries, such as penetrating injuries caused by a bullet or sharp pointed object
The seriousness of one’s condition may depend on previous medical history. For example, repeated concussions can lead to cognitive deficiencies. The quality of your medical care, and your rest and recovery time can also make a great difference in your long-term outcome.
Get Your Case Underway With An Accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer On Your Side
Our goal, from the start to finish of your TBI case, is to guide you on the path most likely to lead to recovery of the compensation you need to get the treatments you need, take the time off work that you need to do, and get on with your life after suffering a TBI.